What causes low back pain in pregnancy?
- Changes in posture related to the growing baby. This places you in a more forward position which loads up your back and spine.
- Spasm and stiffness in your lower back muscles and joints.
- Hormonal changes can make your joints, ligaments and muscles looser and prone to painful spasm and tightening.
- Increased body weight.
Tips to self manage back pain in pregnancy
How can we help you at Pelvic Health Melbourne?
- Individualised assessment to establish your main concerns, goals and help you maintain and improve your function.
- Provide you with suitable exercise program to help keep you fit, healthy and pain under control during your pregnancy.
- Soft tissue therapies to painful muscle spasms.
- Advice on braces, tubigrip or other supportive garments if appropriate.